Once the company administrator configures your account, you will receive an invite email with your username and a secure link to set your password. Remember those details as in the future that’s what you will be using to access your account.
If you forget your login information, you can use the “Forgot your password? – Reset it here” link on the login page to retrieve your username and password. And in case anything else goes wrong, your company administrator can always reset your account access information for you.
If you prefer to check your account and create a schedule from your Android or iPhone, you can use our free mobile app. Just search the app market for “Ximble” or click the correct icon below to be taken to our mobile app download page:
The first page you’ll see when you login to the system is the dashboard which gives you a quick glance at all locations assigned to you to manage as well as at the number of scheduled employees and staffing costs based on the already created schedule.
- NotificationsAside from the quick stats, on the dashboard you’ll be able to see the notifications box which gives you a quick overview of all employee requests and similar important account related info. Do not worry about checking this box; you can just enable the right set of notifications on your personal profile and choose to be notified about this info via Email or SMS.
- Quick StatsThe first page you’ll see when you login to the system is the dashboard which gives you a quick glance at all locations assigned to you to manage as well as at the number of scheduled employees and staffing costs based on the already created schedule.
The main navigation on the left allows you to move through different sections of the system.
- ScheduleAllows you to view and manage the schedule for all your employees and locations.
- Time ClockAllows you to view, edit or approve employee time clock / timesheet punches.
- EmployeesAllows you to view and manage employee profiles.
- ReportsAllows you to view reports for locations that you manage.
- App CenterAllows you to manage 3rd party integrations.
Please note that some of these options may not appear on your end, depending on the exact permission level you have in the system.
In the top right corner of the screen you can find a link to your personal profile, as well as icons for the Requests and ximbleChatTM sections.
If your user permission allows you, you can also access the My Account area and configure your company subscription.
Managing employee profiles is a straightforward process. Once you visit the “Employees” section, you’ll get to see the list of already created employee profiles. If needed, you can also add new employees to the system, make any kind of changes to their profiles or disable some active employees, when needed.
- An example of an active employee profile
- Disabled employees are grayed out
As you can see in the screenshot on the previous page, you can easily add new employees by clicking the button in the top right corner. If you, however, click on the “More” option on the left side of the screen, you’ll see the following options:
- Invite AllAllows you to send an invitation email to all employees with a single click.
- InviteAllows you to invite selected employees only.
- ActivateAllows you to re-activate disabled employees.
- Import – EmployeesAllows you to import employees’ profiles via CSV or Excel spreadsheet.
- Export – PDFAllows you to export employees’ profiles to a PDF file.
- Export – CSVAllows you to export employees’ profiles to a CSV file.
- Export – ExcelAllows you to export employees’ profiles to an Excel file.
In order to edit an existing employee profile, you can just click on the employee’s name in the list. An example profile is shown on the screenshot below:
- Profile DetailsAllows you to manage employees’ basic information, like the username, password, street address, time-zone, etc.
- AvailabilityAllows you to configure availability on behalf of your employees. Remember that your employees can access their personal profiles as well so you can skip this section and let your employees configure it on their own.
- PositionsAllows you to configure job roles that your employees can fill in on the schedule. One employee can have one or multiple positions on their profile, attached to one or multiple locations, even with different pay rates.
- Schedule RulesAllows you to configure a specific employee limit, like the maximum number of work hours allowed per week or per day, the maximum number of work days per week or the maximum number of shifts per single work day.
- Notification PreferencesAllows you to configure email or SMS notifications you’d like your employees to receive. Again, you can leave this page to your employees to fill in on their own, or you can do that on their behalf.
- CertificationAllows you to add employee certificates, if any.
For more in-depth information about each of these features and options, please visit our support area:
As a manager, you’ll see a list of employees across locations where you have access to, along with the schedule for those locations.
If you click on the Schedules option in the top left corner, you’ll see a sub-menu
with the following options:
- Schedule by DepartmentAllows you to view the schedule broken down per department, instead of per employee.
- Schedule by PositionAllows you to view the schedule broken down per position, instead of per employee.
- My ScheduleAllows you to view your personal schedule. This is the page your employees will see by default when they visit the schedules section.
- Daily Coverage MapAllows you to view shift coverage for each position, day by day.
- Schedule TemplatesAllows you to view the pre-saved templates of the schedule or to simply create one. Templates can be applied to any day or week afterwards in order to minimize the time spent on creating a schedule that consists of more or less repeating shifts.
- Audit LogAllows you to supervise any kind of schedule changes made by other administrators or managers to the employees/locations you are in charge of.
By using the TOOLS MENU in the top right corner, you can complete specific tasks, like:
- save or apply a template
- copy the schedule to the next week
- clear the schedule
- unpublish an existing schedule
- import or export schedule data
In the top left corner above the schedule, you’ll see some additional options.
Besides switching between different locations by using the drop down menu, or filtering specific positions or departments by using the drop-downs shown on the screenshot above, you can choose the information you want to see displayed on shift blocks.
In the example below, Mia Murphy has two shifts assigned.
The first one has a solid color background, which means that this shift is published and Mia can see it on her schedule. The second one has stripes on the background, which means that this shift is un-published. Other managers and administrators can see such shifts, but employees will not see them until the schedule, or a single shift gets published.
When you click on a specific date in an employee’s row, you’ll get a small popup which allows you to create a shift. By default, you’ll be required to enter a start time, an end time and to select a position (optionally the department) along the way. The shift label is an optional field, which you can use to communicate some important information related to an employee’s shift.
The difference between the “Save” and the “Publish” option is that the “Save” option will create a new shift as un-published so you can work on the schedule a bit more before you actually publish it and make it available to your employee, whereas the “Publish” option will publish the shift straight away.
For more in depth information, please visit our support article section: https://ximble.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/categories/115000431893-Scheduling
Through the “Requests” section, you can manage your employees’ requests. All their shift trades, shift replacements and other requests will be shown in this section.
There are several kinds of requests employees can submit, depending on the features your administrators enabled or disabled. Here, we’ll list all available options, but if you do not need to use some of the listed below, please consult with your company administrator on possibilities how to disable some of the offered options:
- Swap/TradeAllows you to supervise your employees’ shift trade requests. Once you approve or reject any of these requests, your employees will be automatically notified.
- Shift DropAllows you to manage all your employees’ requests regarding dropping specific shifts. If you approve such a request, the shift will simply go from an employee’s profile into open shifts, so you can assign it to another employee afterwards.
- CoverAllows you to manage coverage requests in cases when one of your employees asked another one to replace her/him on a specific shift.
- Pick-UpAllows you to manage your employees’ pick-up requests for taking available open shifts. In cases when there are multiple employees applying to pick-up the same shift, you’ll see a list with the order in which they applied so you can select the person you’d like to work on that shift. Others will be notified that someone else has been assigned with that shift.
- Time-OffAllows you to manage your employees’ time-off requests. Apart from being able to approve or reject them, you’ll also be able to see if your employees have any shifts conflicting with those time-off requests.
As mentioned earlier, any of these options can be disabled through the Settings section.
Through the Time Clock section, you can clock in and out for your personal time in the same way as your employees. Besides that, there are some additional options in the sub-menu that you, as a manager, can access and supervise.
- Add Clock Time – Allows you to manually add a time clock/timesheet entry on behalf of your employee.
- Timesheet – Allows you to review your employees’ time clock entries and approve them.
- My Timesheet – Allows you to view your personal time clock entries.
Approving timesheets is quite easy.
You can approve one timesheet at a time by clicking on the check-box icon on the right side of the actual timesheet entry. Aside from approving one by one timesheet, you can also use the Action menu above and select the “Approve All” option to bulk approve all timesheet entries.
Besides approving timesheet entries, you can also edit each individual entry or delete it. In cases when a company allows employees to clock in and out by using their mobile phone, another icon will be visible on the timesheet, next to the clock-in or clock-out entry, showing a GPS stamp of the exact location from which an employee clocked in. An example is shown on the image below:
Once you click on the GPS icon, you’ll see a map with the exact location on the map from which your employee clocked for work.
For more in-depth articles covering various topics related to the Time Clock section, please visit our support area: