How to Make Your Employees Happy
Every good manager is aware of the importance of happy and satisfied workforce. He knows that keeping his employees motivated will have a considerable impact on productivity. The art of motivating workers is a delicate one yet we’ll try to single out a few tips that will indisputably motivate your employees and boost their happiness:
1. Believe it or not, but when asked, most employees state it is not money but confidence and trust that really matter. We don’t claim that a decent bonus would not be a motivator to some people but in the long run, appreciating and valuing one’s effort and work is much more gratifying. The more your employee feels confident and valuable to your company, the more engaged he will be while performing his tasks, which will eventually reflect in the overall productivity.
3. Given that many people spend one third of their average day at work, they would like to spend those working hours in a pleasant business atmosphere, surrounded by helpful and polite co-workers. Something that will motivate your employees is organizing team building activities through which they will increase the sense of belonging to the team.
4. Additionally, if you manage to instil the sense of ownership among your crew, its members will be more motivated to take care of the company’s well-being whereas the morale within the team will be high. That way they will become more confident and enthusiastic and they will contribute more to the team.
5. Let your employees grow with your company – this will pay off a hundred fold sooner or later. What will motivate your employees is definitely an opportunity for developing, learning and improving. Hence, rotate their responsibilities and encourage them to leave their comfort zone and learn new skills. Bring out their best and watch them evolve and change along with the company itself.
6. Displaying an interest and empathy is one of the key ingredients that will keep employees happy. Get to know them and their wishes – if they help you win a big contract, show them how much the company appreciates their effort: reward them in the form of tickets for their favorite band’s concert or match. After all, small things make people truly happy.
If you think that none of these tactics will work for you, you can always resort to some perks companies usually offer to their employees. Flexible working hours, free lunches, play rooms with table soccer or the possibility to bring a pet to work are just some of the things that can keep employees happy. Whatever the way, just show to them that you really care about them. As a result, their gratitude and loyalty will be evident.