Effective Conversion: From a Visitor to a Customer
Sometimes having a great product or service may not be enough so finding the winning formula to present the right information to your website visitors may hold the key to your success. Improving your conversion rates and getting them to a higher level requires a lot of attention to details. It is not just enough to put any kind of a website online – you need to present your information in the best possible way. There are always ways to improve on your strategy, even if you are already doing well, so here we will present some of those valuable tricks you might find useful for increasing conversation rate.
– Remove unnecessary distractions. Keep in mind that very often – less is more. So is there really a need for advertisements and badges all around your website? Focus on the most important part of your business or service, and get straight to the point. Add a short explanation, a call-to-action, mention available discounts and offer useful tips. With a colorful and easy to use design that is probably all you will need.
– Add value to your offer. Don’t just simply invite visitors to register or buy your product. Inform them about the key advantages of your product or service and clearly highlight what they will get if they decide to purchase or subscribe with your website.
– Stay away from too much content and too long descriptions. If you really need to add a long description that goes with your product or service, try to add it on a separate page or add it as a PDF link available for downloading. Although a lot of people are tempted to add more content to their website thinking they will be better positioned by search engines, having too much content on your pages may lower your conversion rates. Find the right balance.
– Add targeted content. Try to analyze what people were searching for when they came to your web pages and optimize your content accordingly. If you are using different advertising campaigns with different audience types, then try to create different landing pages with targeted content and slightly different approaches and/or descriptions.
– Optimize your home page in the right way. If possible, add your picture or real customer testimonials with their images, which will leave a better impression on the visitor and increase the sense of a personal touch. Whenever possible, add a background with images of real people or real customers, which will definitely soften a cold looking plain web page.
– Add live chat to your website. Although this may require a lot of attention from your support team members, the live chat feature is proven to increase conversion rates. Often times visitors will not need the offered live chat support but be sure that having this feature available will be appreciated. That way they will always be able to contact you in case they need clarification or help, which is a perfect way to create trust which is a key ingredient needed for converting a visitor into a paying customer.
– Explore various tactics until you find the best model of how to increase conversation rate. There is no universal solution for all niches or companies. So experiment with all the above mentioned tips or select just a few until you find the optimal balance for your needs. Having effective conversion rates will clearly lead your company to the path of success.